Our computing curriculum is based on the Rising Stars Switched on Computing Scheme. This scheme fully covers the requirements of the National curriculum and is sequenced to allow children to build on their knowledge as they progress throughout primary school. This covers:
- word-process, make a spreadsheet and create and interrogate a database
- search for information using the Internet • programme a controllable device, understand what an algorithm is and write simple programs
- communicate with others through e-mail, simple presentations, film-making and pod-casting
- use technology safely, respectfully and responsibly.
This scheme was selected as it has cross-curricular units and helps children to see how computing can be applied in a wide range of contexts. It also allows teachers to have the freedom to adapt the planning to suit individual needs and interests of the children whilst ensuring progressing is being made.
Online safety is taught through the Cambridgeshire Primary Personally Development Programme Scheme and Project Evolve. These two schemes cover a range of online safety which include: ·
- Self-image and identity
- Online relationships
- Online reputation
- Online bullying
- Managing online information
- Health, well-being and lifestyle
- Privacy and Security
- Copyright and Ownership.