Through our PE curriculum design, the teachers and staff will strive to deliver the best possible physical education to our pupils.
We will develop:
- Healthy active lifestyles
- Self esteem and belief
- Teamwork and co-operation
- Build character and resilience
- Improve confidence
- Encourage participation and competition Improve pupils’ physical and emotional wellbeing
- Set pupils up for a lifetime where physical activity is the norm We encourage a competitive element through inter and intra school games.
In KS1 The thinking physical being should:
- Be able to make simple decisions and be aware of what they need to do to improve
- Be creative when using and developing skills and tactics in simple sequences and activities
The Behavioural physical being should:
- Be able to engage in competitive and co-operative physical activities in a range of increasingly challenging situations Be keen to participate in activities and clubs both in school and in the wider community.
The doing physical being should:
- Develop fundamental movement skills
- Be increasingly competent and confident and access a broad range of opportunities
- Extend agility, balance and co-ordination, individually and with others Engage in competitive and co-operative physical activities in a range of increasingly challenging situations
In KS2 The thinking physical being should:
- Learn how to use a broad range of skills in different ways and link them to make actions and sequences of movement
- Should develop an understanding of how to improve in different physical activities and sports Learn how to evaluate and recognise their own success.
The behavioural change physical being should:
- Enjoy communicating, collaborating and competing with each other
- Be keen to continue participating in activities and clubs both in school and in the wider community
The doing Physical being should:
- Continue to apply and develop a broader range of skills
- Develop flexibility, strength, technique, control and balance.